You have lots of great shows to choose from this weekend - here's the list:
- Dear Edwina, Jr. - First Stage Theatre presents the musical that follows the adventures of plucky advice-giver extraordinaire Edwina Spoonapple as she directs the neighborhood kids in a series of production numbers as part of the latest edition of her weekly "Advice-A-Palooza" extravaganza. The “girl power” musical will be presented Friday and Saturday, April 11 and 12 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, April 13 at 2:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Theatre at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Tickets are $10 for children and $12 for adults.
- Pippin - The City of Huntington Foundation and 5th Avenue Theatre Company present the classic Broadway musical at the Jean Carlo Stephenson Theatre in Huntington City Hall on April 11-13. Tickets are $15. The show takes the audience along with Pippin on his journey to try to find the meaning of life. The show occurs in a circus setting and there will be monkeys provided the Twins and Jungle Friends and aerial choreography by the aerial troupe Cirque d' Art.
- Jesus Christ Superstar in Concert - Trinity Episcopal Church presents the beloved rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in concert April 11 and 12 at 7 p.m. at the church at 520 11th Street in Huntington. Admission is free. Performers include Ryan Hardiman as Jesus and Chris Sizemore as Judas.
- The Rack - Contemporary Youth Arts Company (CYAC) presents this original play by Dan Kehde that tells the story of the aftermath of a fictional elementary school massacre as seen through the eyes of members of the community in which it occurred. C]The story centers around the grieving members of the shooter’s family as they try to understand the reasons behind the boy’s actions. The show will be presented Thursday - Saturday, April 10-12 at 8 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $15 for Adults and $8 for Students.
- Damn Yankees - Ironton High School presents the Broadway musical April 11 and 12 at 8 p.m. and April 13 at 3 p.m. at 1701 S. 7th Street in Ironton, Ohio. Tickets are $7 for adults and $4 for students. For more information, call 740- 532-3911.
- WV Shakespeare Festival - The event will be held April 12 at 7 p.m. at the Walker Theatre at the Clay Center (rear entrance) at One Clay Square in Charleston. There will also be a Stage Combat Workshop from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission is free, donations will be accepted.
- Murder & Merriment - Interactive murder mysteries will be presented on: April 11 - "Dead Man's Hand!" Shanty Boat Night at the River Museum in Point Pleasant. Reservations Required: Ticket Prices & Time TBA, Call 304-674-0144; April 12 - "Another Fistful of Bullets!" at Hawk's Nest State Park & Restaurant, Ansted, W.Va. Reservations Required: 304.658.5212, ext 1542. Tickets are $40 per Guest.
So get out there are support your community theatre!