Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Breaking News!

I've been keeping a secret from you, dear readers - I've been in negotiations to direct a show next fall for the First Stage Theatre Company (Huntington's children's theatre).

Today I received the final approval from that group to direct "High School Musical" for the Fall of 2007 (I'm apparently the only one crazy enough to take the job). For those of you who haven't seen it yet, "HSM" is the popular Disney Channel movie/musical that has become a phenomenon. It became a top-selling CD and DVD, and now it has been adapted for the stage.

I should mention up front that First Stage won't be the first local group to produce the show - it's on the Spring schedule for Ashland's Backstage Players. But why should they have all the fun?

It's a great show, with loads of energy and terrific songs - I know it's going to be a blast, and I'll keep you up to date on our progress right here.

We're not sure where we're going to stage it yet, but we're working on it (along with a few zillion other details). Stay tuned, y'all!

2 comments:

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

Chuck, this is fantastic news! For anyone who has read my blog, you know that I am a big "HSM" fan. Good luck with everything!

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Angela! When it comes to being a fan of "High School Musical," you have lots of company! (Hopefully they'll all come to see the show.)