Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Weekend of Auditions

I have to admit that there are times when I think about "retiring" from the community theatre business. Life gets in the way, there are other demands - do I really have the time and energy to work on another show?

Despite those feelings, I offered to direct the First Stage production of Disney's The Little Mermaid, Jr. We had auditions on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

And now I remember why I keep tackling these things.

It was an absolute blast to see the kind of talent that's out there, with both experienced young actors who have been in a number of shows and the even younger actors who will be the stars of tomorrow.

I can't wait to get to work on this show and to see these young performers breathing life into this wonderful story.

How could I ever think of giving this up?

No comments: