Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, January 07, 2013

"Les Miserables"

   Sad to say that I still haven't had a chance to see the film version of Les Miserables (most people I've talked to have raved about it, although it has received some bad reviews - presumably from those who don't like musicals anyway).

   I'm hoping to correct that oversight this week, and I'll pass along my thoughts - but I should go on record as being a fan of the show already.

   I saw a touring version of the musical in Pittsburgh back in 2006, directed the School Edition version that same year in Huntington, I've seen two earlier (non-musical) film versions, and I read the book - all 1200 pages of it.

   So I may not be exactly impartial here.

   The film is certainly doing well - so far it's earned $103 million in the U.S. alone, and another $67 million overseas.

   I look forward to adding my dollars to the stack, and I suspect I'll be buying the DVD when it becomes available, too. Oh, and rumor has it that the stage show will be returning to Broadway in 2014.

 

No comments: