Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Interview #4 with the Cast of "The Princess of Rome, Ohio"


   For our fourth interview with the cast of the play The Princess of Rome, Ohio, let’s hear from Adam Bryan, who plays the outsider paying a visit to Rome.

Q: Tell us the story behind The Princess of Rome, Ohio.
  
Adam: Well from my character's (England) perspective it is a show about finding love, but the show on a whole is about how everyone needs love. Love however, has some really screwed up ways of showing itself. In short, it's a show about love found, love lost, and found again all on the front porch.

Q: Tell us about the character you play.

Adam: I play England the character Alma meets online. I show up towards the end to sweep Alma off her feet and prove to everyone that she isn't making me up.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?   

Adam: I got brought in very late in the process because of an loss of the previous actor to another show.   However, it was a show that I wanted to be a part of in the beginning, but knew I wouldn't have the time during the first part of the rehearsal process to be fair to the other actors. So amazingly I still got to be part of the show anyway and it was in perfect timing for me to have to time to give it. I really wanted to be part of the show form the start because I liked the script a lot. I think Jon Joy wrote real and believable characters from the first page and then puts them in some really funny situations. The characters are just fun to play, and I hope watch  It's really amazing though when an author can take some really very serious and heavy issues and make the audience laugh through the pain.  

Q: What's the biggest challenge to this show?

Adam: Keeping in character when some truly ridiculous things are going on around you.

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our reader?  

Adam: It's really funny to start with but it's not a show that is just about the laugh, there is also a very real tragedy going on underneath all the laughs.

Q: Tell us the dates, times, and place of the show.  

Adam: The show plays on June 30 and July 5, 6, 7 at the Alban Arts center. Friday and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. Call 304-721-8896 for tickets and visit www.albanartscenter.com for more information.

   Thanks, Adam!

No comments: