Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Interview #1 With the Cast of "Bonne and Clyde"



   The musical Bonnie and Clyde has its first-ever local performance this weekend at Huntington's City Hall auditorium, so let's hear from some of the members of the cast, starting with my pal, the talented Zach Davis:

Q: Bonnie and Clyde are famous figures from history - but in case our reader isn't familiar with them, tell us the basic story behind the musical.

Zach: Bonnie and Clyde the musical is based off of the real duo, and takes you through how they met and spans their robbies and murders.

Q: Tell us about the character you play.

Zach: I play Sheriff Smoot Smidtt. I am basically a Texas lawman who really doesn't like to work too hard, and when forced I get angry.

Q: What's your favorite part of the show? 

Zach: It's really hard to pinpoint a favorite part of the show but I really enjoy the hairshop scene. It is really cute and funny. 

Q: What's your background in theatre? 

Zach: My background in theatre goes back many years - I have done multiple shows with different groups throughout the Tri-state, worked professionally on a National Tour, worked with local union on tours, directed, designed and built sets, and anything else you can think of. I have been quiet in recent years to focus on my family and therefore became a better patron of the arts.

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Zach: I recommend this show because it's never been done in this area and isn't your normal show. It's more rockabilly musical style. I do strongly address not to bring young kids. It's edgy and has adult content. High school and up I suggest.

Q: Tell us the dates, times and place for the show.

Zach: The show runs two weekends - Sept. 20, 21, 27 and 28 at 8 p.m., and Sept. 22 and 29 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $12.

   Thanks, Zach!

2 comments:

Davis said...

Thank you. Mine is short and sweet hahaha

Davis said...

Hope you get to see this one