Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Interview #3 with the Cast of "Midsummer Night's Dream"

  Here’s the third in our series of interviews with the cast of First Stage Theatre’s production of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream

   This time around we hear from a young woman who’s one of the two pairs of mortals who find themselves in a confusing love match thanks to a series of misplaced magical spells. 

   Here’s Annie Wolfe:

Q: Tell us about your character. 

Annie: Hermia is in love with Lysander. She will stand up and fight her challenges. She is loving and kind, unless she is angry... then, to quote Helena, "though she be but little, she is fierce."

Q: What is the play about?

Annie: In a nutshell, A Midsummer Night's Dream is a love spell gone wrong. 

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Annie: I wanted to do this show because I have always loved Shakespeare! And this particular show happens to be my favorite. 

Q: Was it difficult to learn the dialogue?

Annie: It honestly wasn't as hard as I thought it was going I be. You just have to study your lines every day. And the theatre kids at Huntington High School helped me run through my lines, and that was a huge help!

Q: What’s your favorite part of the show?

Annie: My favorite part of the show has definitely been the cast! I've done many shows before, but this one is an amazing combination. There are some kids who I've known for years and consider family, but there are also some people who I had never met before, and I have loved getting to know them!

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Annie: I would recommend it because I think it's a great show! It has  humor, awesome characters, and the cast has worked so hard!

   Thanks, Annie!


   A Midsummer Night’s Dream will be presented at the Cabell County Public Library at 455 9th Street (3rd Floor) on April 17 and 18 at 7:30 p.m. and April 18 and 19 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 each. To reserve tickets call 304-416-KIDS. 

No comments: