- School of Rock the Musical: Youth Production - First Stage Theatre Company presents the musical based on the Paramount movie by Mike White. Book by Julian Fellows, Lyrics by Glenn Slater, New Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, plus the original songs from the film. It will be presented at Huntington High School at 1 Highlander Way on Nov. 10, 11 and 12 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 12 and 13 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children (age 12 and under) and senior citizens.
- A Christmas Carol - Marshall’s School of Theatre presents the classic story by Charles Dickens and adapted by Romulus Linney. It will be presented Nov. 16 – 19 at 7:30 p.m. at The Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center.
- Rent - Marshall Artists Series presents the beloved rock musical on its 20th Anniversary Tour. It will be presented Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center. Tickets range from $85 to $54 each.
- Jesus Christ Superstar - Charleston Light Opera Guild presents the classic musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. Shows will be presented on Nov 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 at 7:30 p.m., and Nov. 13 at 2 p.m. at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theatre at 200 Civic Center Drive. Reserved Tickets are $25 each.
- A Christmas Carol - ACTC presents the holiday classic on Nov. 30, Dec. 1 and 2 at 11 a.m., Dec. 2 and 3 at 7 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children and senior citizens.
- Sherlock Holmes and the Beast of Whitechapel - Astral Theatre Collective and Limelight Theatre Co. present the original play adapted by John Johnson, Lawrence Burgess and Adam Stover from the works by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
It will be presented Nov. 3, 4 and 5 at 8 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $15 each.
- The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare - Essential Stages: The Donna Skeen Theatre Artist Enrichment Series and West Virginia State University present the play on Nov. 9 - 12 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 13 at 2 p.m. at the David Stephen Slkeen Theatre at 119 Cole Complex at West Virginia State University in Institute, W.Va. Tickets are $10 each - free to WVSU Faculty and staff.
- Mary: A Rock Opera - Contemporary Youth Arts Company (CYAC) presents the 20th Anniversary production of this original musical with music by Mark Scarpelli and lyrics by Dan Kehde on Nov. 25, 26, Dec. 1, 2 and 3 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 27 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
- Little Shop of Horrors - The Aracoma Story, Inc. presents the musical Nov. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 7 p.m. and Nov. 12, 13, 19 and 20 at 2 p.m. at the Savas Kostas Performing Arts Center at Southern WV Community & Technical College on County Rt. 73 in Mount Gay, W.Va. Tickets are $11 for adults, $8 for senior citizens and $6 for children.
So get out there and support your community theatre!