Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Coming Up: "The Hobbit"

   One of the shows I neglected to add to our "Shows in July" list (now corrected) is one of my favorites:

   The Hobbit Alban Arts Center presents the play based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. It'll be presented on July 21, 22, 28 and 29 at 8 p.m. and July 23 and 30 at 2 p.m.  Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for senior citizens and children 12 and under.

   It's a favorite because it was the first show I ever worked on when I produced it for First Stage back in 2000. But that was hardly the first production of the play - I saw a photo recently of a production from the early days of the Community Players.

   And no wonder - it's a fun show, loaded with Magic Rings, Swords, Dwarves, Goblins, a Wizard, Ogres and a Dragon! It's loads of fun!

No comments: