Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Interview with Emma from "Elf the Musical, Jr."

   Tonight Elf the Musical, Jr. takes the stage at Huntington High School - and we have another interview with the cast to share!

   Let’s hear from the lovely and talented Emma Maynard:

Q: What is Elf the Musical, Jr. about?

Emma: Elf the Musical, Jr. tells the story about what happens when Buddy leaves the North Pole to try to find his real dad in New York City, and ends up saving Christmas for everybody.

Q: What parts do you play?

Emma: I play the role of the Macy's Saleswoman who greets Buddy with a perfume sample, but he sprays it in his mouth because he thinks it's fruit juice. It's really funny! I'm also a North Pole elf, and New Yorker in the show.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Emma: The main reason I wanted to be in this show was because I love doing Theatre with my friends at First Stage, but also because I've just always loved the movie Elf!

Q: Does the show put you in the holiday spirit?

Emma: I've been singing Christmas songs since August… this show will put everyone in the holiday spirit!

Q: What’s your favorite scene or song?

Emma: My favorite song is the “Sparklejollytwinklejingley Reprise!” I get to put so much emotion into my character at that moment and I get to have lots of fun with my close friends.

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Emma: You don't want to miss this show! I mean, who doesn't love Buddy the Elf & Santa?

Q: Thanks, Emma!

Elf the Musical, Jr., based on the film starring Will Ferrell, will be presented at Huntington High School at 1 Highlander Way on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m.  Tickets are available at the door and are $12 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under and senior citizens. 

No comments: