Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, September 20, 2019

Interview with Becky McClelland from "Dark of the Moon"



   The play Dark of the Moon will be presented at the Barboursville Park Amphitheatre starting a week from today! It’s based on Appalachian folk tales and tells the story of a Witch Boy who falls in love with a beautiful woman named Barbara Allen.

   We have several interviews with the cast to share, and up next is Becky McClelland, who plays the feisty Miss Metcalf.

Q: Tell us about "Dark of the Moon."

Becky: This show is an Appalachian folk tale of sorts that includes regular ol’ valley people as well as witches and conjur people. When the two world collide crazy things happen.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Becky: I was asked to help with tech on this show. Once I read the script I wanted to be a part of it on stage as well.

Q: Tell us about the character you play.

Becky: My character is Miss Metcalf. Early on I was asked who my character was friends with. I drew a blank and quickly reviewed my script to see what I had missed. It turns out on page 34 she responds once to a female character. Looks like she prefers the company and attention of them men. But don’t worry. She’s harmless. She only flirts a little.

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Becky: Over the past five or six years I have had the pleasure to play with several area theater companies. I started at ARTS where I fell in love with the whole game and met many of my favorite people. Since then I’ve worked with The Paramount Players, HART, Murder and Merriment, and, of course, Alchemy Theater Troupe.

Q: What's the most challenging this about the show?

Becky: For me the most challenging thing about this show is time management. I’m the props mistress and the costumer while performing in the show. I just hope I get everyone clothed by opening night or we might not be asked back to Barboursville Park!

Q: Why would you recommend this show?

Becky: I would recommend this show for the drama, the jokes, the music, and the overall incredible talent. Plus the amphitheater is beautiful. What a great way to spend an evening. Bring a chair and a picnic and join us!

   Thanks, Becky!

   Dark of the Moon will be presented by the Alchemy Theatre Troupe on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27 and 28 and Oct. 4 and 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Barboursville Park Amphitheater.

No comments: