Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Real Life Gets in the Way

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last few days, dear readers, but the real world got in the way. Friday at work I felt very sick, so as a precaution the nurse sent me to the Emergency Room at St. Mary's Hospital, where I was informed that I had apparently suffered a (very) mild heart attack.

Quite a shock at my tender young age (hack, cough, wheeze)! I had to stay under observation for a couple of days, and this afternoon underwent a cathertization, wherein they insert a thin wire into your heart (!!) to check for damage or blockage. (Don't worry, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.)

I'm happy to report that the results were all clear - no damage and no blockage - and my doctor is working with me to avoid any future incidents.

I have to say how much I appreciate the excellent care I received at St. Marys, and my heartfelt thanks for the overwhelming amount of kind wishes I received from friends and loved ones. You never know how much you're appreciated until you do something crazy like this!

I'm still resting up, but posting should be back to normal tomorrow. Eat right and get some exercise, friends - it's the only way to fly!

3 comments:

Sanctuary said...

Hey, Chuck... I'm so sorry to hear about your heart attack, but very relieved to hear that everything's OK... You gave very good advice to eat right and get exercise...We could all learn from that. Take it easy, my friend.

-Ryan

Anonymous said...

And this is the first I hear about it?!? I'm glad you're ok. I can't have you kickin' off just yet, Mister. We've got much to do! Take care of yourself. Seriously... I'm REALLY glad you're ok.

-m

Chuck Minsker said...

Ryan, thanks! Taking it easy is the plan!
Mike, sorry I never got around to sending out cards. ;-) I was actually trying to keep it quiet to avoid worrying anyone, but of course there are no secrets in the theatre community. Thanks, guys - I appreciate the sentiment!