Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Derek Keeling in the Spotlight

West Virginia native son Derek Keeling is getting lots of attention thanks to his star turn as Danny in the musical Grease on Broadway.

He's interviewed in this story on the Playbill website, and it includes this mention of his home state:
Q: On TV, you were presented as "The Wholesome Danny." Do you endorse that version of yourself?

Keeling: I'm from West Virginia. I'm from a Southern Baptist family. I think that's where a lot of that came from. I believe I am genuinely a really nice guy, and I respect people that I work with. On TV, they take little parts of you and want to build it up into a character. I do think I'm a pretty wholesome guy. I am really good friends with my mom - I talk to her every day. I'm very close with my family, and I'm very traditional. I think that has a lot to do with where I grew up and how I was raised, but I do have a lot of those Danny qualities in me too [laughs].
If that's not enough, you can also read a short feature on Derek right here on the Broadway.com website. He's everywhere!

No comments: