Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Vote for Chris!

I had an interesting email message from my son Evan (who writes a great videogame blog here and a music review blog here).

It's all about Huntington's Chris Sizemore, who's been nominated for an award - but he needs your vote to win! Here's how you can help:
The DC Theatre Scene puts out Audience Choice Awards and Chris is nominated for Best Actor in a Musical. Go to www.dctheatrescene.com and scroll down to Best Actor in a Musical and click on his name. Chris says, "Thanks, guys, for all the support."
So vote early and vote often!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy Chuck, when you speak people listen. I just went to the website to vote for Chris and he's way ahead of anyone else. There are some really heavy hitters on that list too, including George Hern and Hunter Foster.

Speaking of Chris, it's great that he's in the D.C. area. I recently read An Actor's Business: How to Market Yourself as an Actor No Matter Where You Live. It's a really great practical book about making it in the business of theatre.

What surprised me is that the author said young actors should never go to New York or Los Angeles right away. He said NY and LA were just too tough for the young inexperienced actor. He recommended choosing a different region of the country such as Chicago or the D.C. area first and getting your feet wet there.

Obviously, Chris has chosen well.

Chuck Minsker said...

Denise, as much as I'd like to take credit, I think his lead is because of his existing fan base (although we're hopefully pointing out the contest to his local fans who might not otherwise know about it). I'll have to take a look at the book you mentioned, because I think it's very true - certainly the shows I've seen in Chicago were just as good as their Broadway counterparts.