Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, April 03, 2009

In Memory

Sometimes words fail me. I've been trying to come up with the right words to explain how I feel about the passing of three bright lights in our community.

Thursday morning I heard sirens as I got ready for work - lots of sirens. Not until later did I find out about the terrible car accident that claimed the lives of Carole and Meaghan Crawford and Kelsey Kuhn.

It's a terrible loss for their families, and for their extended families, including the students and faculty at St. Joe, co-workers at Marshall's Newman Center, and all of us in the theatre community who had worked with them over the years.

Carole was always a fun person to be around - quick to volunteer, always laughing, always positive and upbeat, ready to tackle any job. She had been so active is so many shows, creating costumes for "Seussical" and "Les Miz" and many, many more.

The stage, and our lives, will be a little darker without her.

My thoughts and prayers are with her son Chris and husband Jeff.

1 comment:

Zach Davis said...

It's hard Chuck to think of words as you said. When I got the news along with many others I froze and no words came to me. Carol was such a delight backstage of the shows I particippated in. We always hugged and she sent me stargrams for every show she worked that I was in. We even danced randomlly from time to time. I never saw anything but a smile on her face. God bless the family and they to are in my prayers...Yes the stage will seem dimmer