Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

On Stage Tonight - "Tom Sawyer"

There's only one show on stage tonight, but it's a good one. But you'll have to drive to Charleston to see it.

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer will be presented by the Kanawha Players tonight at 8 p.m. at the Civic Center Little Theater. The show will also be offered next Friday and Saturday night.

The story, of course, is based on the classic book by Mark Twain.

Tickets are $16 for adults and $10 for children.

Highly recommended!

1 comment:

zach davis said...

I saw this show!!! It was the first time I have ever seen our Eddie on stage and he was a convencing school master. I wouldn't dare make him mad if he was my teacher. So much talent in that show and the sets were clever. Although the scene changes took some time you werenet bored. Characters came in front of curtain and flowed things with humor and wit right into the next scene making you think that was all scripted when it was truely improv. the man who plays Injun Joe truely had his character nailed. I laughed so hard at moments I cried. It was a delightful outing and highly recommended to see. A show is the only way I get litature anymore and you truely learn this classic story.