Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Zach's Oscar Choices

My pal Zach is the first to chime in with his choices in our Oscar competition! (You can find the details about how to enter in this post.)

Here's what he had to say:
I tried a different approach this year. I tried to research more movies and really concentrate and chose my picks carefully. I did remain unbiased this time unlike the Tony picks this past year. Lots of good films happened this year and several categories will be close!

1. Best Picture - Avatar (I didn't see it and to me it seems overrated. Personally I would like to see The Blind Side win.)

2. Best Actor - Jeff Bridges (I hear he was great and he did win the Golden Globe.)

3. Best Actress - Meryl Streep (by far one the hardest categories this year Sandra Bullock is right there with her.)

4. Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Walt

5. Best Supporting Actress - Penelope Cruz (again, hard category with Mo in the running but Cruz was a smoking hit in that film like wow.)

6. Directing - Jason Reitman, Up in the Air (Cameron will probably take it but Jason had a more original piece.)

7. Animated Feature Film - Up (Disney also has The Princess and the Frog which could win. Both are fantastic and again tough group to win in.)

8. Original Song - Almost There (however the other one from the same movie could take it as well. I honestly think one of the two will win. It is Disney after all and Randy Newman.)
Great choices, Zach! Next?

No comments: