Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Another e-Interview with the Cast of "How I Learned to Drive"

Here's the second of our e-interviews with cast members of the play coming up this weekend, How I Learned to Drive.

This time around we hear from Greg Morris, who plays the Male Greek Chorus.

Q: Why did you want to be part of How I Learned to Drive?

Greg: Good dramas are a rare find in these here parts, and it’s a very good play, one that I knew I would be proud to be a part of. Plus, I’m always looking to grow as an actor, and to work with folks I’ve never worked with before. And it just seemed right.

Q: What's the most challenging thing about being in this play?

Greg: The Male Greek Chorus is not, by any means, a difficult or challenging role; to the contrary, playwright Paula Vogel has written the part so well that there’s really little that I can do to improve it (but a lot I could do to muck it up!). The challenge comes in understanding the Male Greek Chorus’s part in Li’l Bit’s journey, and then seeing to it that I fulfill that character’s function.

Q: Tell us a bit about your fellow cast members.

Greg: Half the other cast members are related to me. It’s a small town.

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Greg: If good theater has the power to transform us - and it should have that power, and we should be open to it – then great theater should transform us greatly... at least, that’s the hope, isn’t it? Sure, we go to the theater to be entertained, but even in the entertainment there’s the promise that, somehow, some way, we’ll “leave the theater different than when we went in,” as a character in a play I was recently in said. There’s a lot to think about in this play, and much to come away with. It’s serious, but not too, too serious, and so I think there’s something for everyone.

Q: When and where will the show be staged?

Greg: I have no idea. (Just kidding.) The Jeslyn Performing Arts Center on 4th Avenue in downtown Huntington, March 8-10 at 8 p.m. and March 11 at 2:30 p.m.

Thanks, Greg!

No comments: