Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Interview with "The Boy Friend's" Tiffany McGuire

Before The Boy Friend wraps up on Sunday afternoon, let's hear from another star of the show! Here's the lovely and talented Tiffany McGuire:

Q: Tell us about The Boy Friend.
Tiffany: The Boy Friend is a light-hearted musical that will make you chuckle a time or two! It takes place in the 1920s, all in one day, as young ladies and men try to find love.
Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?
Tiffany: Directors Coni and Gene Anthony are a blast to tap dance/work with! I've previously worked with most of our very talented cast & crew as well. There's never a dull moment!
Q: Tell us about the part you play.
Tiffany: I play Dulcie, a flirtatious, not-so- "perfect young lady." She has a thing for the older men...
Q: What’s your background in theatre?
Tiffany: I grew up taking numerous dance and vocal lessons. I auditioned for my first play when I was 8 years old, and I've been at it ever since! Most recently, I was the dance captain for ARTS' Shenandoah and a Secretary for ARTS' How to Succeed...
Q: Do you have a favorite song, dance or scene in the play?
Tiffany: I love the big cast dance to "The Riviera!" I look forward to that one every night. I also enjoy the boys and Jocelyn Clark Knapp in "Safety in Numbers."
Q: Why would you urge our readers to see this play?
Tiffany: It showcases the wonderful talents of our community... acting, singing, and dancing simultaneously! You are sure to leave the theatre with a smile on your face. 😀
Also... Be sure to rent a cushion for only $1!
Thanks, Tiffany! Don't miss your last chance to see this cheery, upbeat musical comedy - the final performance is Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Renaissance Theatre at 900 8th Street in Huntington!

No comments: