Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Interview #2 with the Cast of "Much Ado About Nothing"

   For our second interview with the talented cast of Much Ado About Nothing, the Shakespeare play that's taking the stage over the next two weekends at the Renaissance Theatre in Huntington, let's hear from the lovely and talented Cyndi Fuller:

Q: What is Much Ado About Nothing about?

Cyndi: Ok so there's this girl and this guy and they're all like, "Oh no I'll never be in love it's so yucky." Then there this other girl and guy and they are totes 100% into each other. BUT there are villains and they are out to ruin the WHOLE thing. I really don't know why they are so mean. Maybe they had really awful kindergarten teachers. The showgirls who never wear pants. If that isn't reason enough to see it you need to get your priorities straight.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Cyndi: ARTs is a rad group of people. They welcome people with open arms (take a moment to sing the Journey song here). Mike (Murdock) is a fantastical director. I couldn't imagine a more wonderful group of people to work with. For reals.

Q: Tell us about your part in the play. 

Cyndi: I literally don't wear a shirt the entire show. I'm covered in rhinestones and adoration. I was cast for my legs and facial expressions. My role as cigarette girl steals the show (excited emoji).

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Cyndi: I'm a professional chorus member. Background emotions and dancing on tables are my forte. If you are ever looking for someone to shimmy and shake during a show, I'm your gal. My facial expressions are on POINT.

Q: Tell us about the cast and/or directors you're working with.

Cyndi: I've met some of the best people in the world doing this show. Mike is one of the most spectacular directors to grace the Tri-State and the cast has welcomed me with open arms. I can't imagine a more wonderful group of human beings to work with. 

Q: Why would you urge our readers to see this play?

Cyndi: The dancers are hot. The acting is on fire. The games and music are mesmerizing. You're missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime if you don't see Much Ado About Nothing

   Thanks, Cyndi!

No comments: