Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

"As You Like It" Interview with Ashby-Lee Foutch

  You have two more chances to catch the ARTS production of Shakespeare’s As You Like It, which wraps up this weekend at the Renaissance Theatre in Huntington. (By the way, I’ve seen it, it’s wonderful - do yourself a favor and go see it.)

   We have a two more cast interviews to share, starting with the lovely Ashby-Lee Foutch, who plays The Page:  

Q: Tell us about As You Like It.

Ashby-Lee: As You Like It is a comedy about fools, exile, adventure, and love. Every character has their own unique story, and each story ties into a celebratory ending in the forest. Huzzah!
Q: How does the show relate to modern-day audiences?

Ashby-Lee: Shakespeare may have lived in a different time and spoken in a slightly different way, but his ideas are still relevant in today’s society. It’s full of love stories, each one with its own challenges and twists.
Q: Tell us about the characters you play.

Ashby-Lee: I’m the page to Oliver and a court musician. I’ve had the pleasure to work with Lara Donahoe, who wrote the majority of the music in the show. It has been fun learning about the different instruments and music of the time period. 
Q: What's your background in theatre?

Ashby-Lee: I’ve been involved in theatre for five years, and I have loved every minute of it. I auditioned for my first show as a nervous middle schooler, and now I feel at home on stage. I never expected to fall in love with this art form, but I am beyond happy that I did.
Q: Tell us about the cast.

Ashby-Lee: The cast is such an amazing group of people. I am the youngest, and they all have taken me under their wing in a way. They are an absolute blast to work with, and I am thankful for the opportunity to create with them!

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Ashby-Lee: I have never been in a Shakespeare show before, and I thought that As You Like It would be a great start. I also love working with the people at ARTS!  
Q: Why would you recommend this show?\

Ashby-Lee: It is truly a beautiful show that has something for everyone. It will shock you, make you laugh, make you cry. The set is gorgeous. The costumes are wonderful. You don’t want to miss it. 

Q: And how do you like it?

Ashby-Lee: I love it!
   Thanks, Ashby!
   As You Like It by William Shakespeare will be presented at the ARTS Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington on Feb. 5 and 6 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the show only, and $30 for dinner and show - for dinner, you must make a reservation by calling 304-733-2787.


No comments: