Here are the ones to watch for this month:
- Disney’s Aladdin Jr. - Alban Arts Center presents the musical based on the beloved animated film on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 2 and 3 at 8 p.m., and Sunday, Sept. 4 at 2 p.m. at the Alban Arts Center at 65 Olde Main Plaza in St. Albans. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens.
- The Best of Broadway - The concert by Kristen Pennington will be presented Friday, Sept. 9 at 8 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church at16 Leon Sullivan Way in Charleston. Admission is free!
- The Mousetrap - The Actors Guild of Parkersburg present the play by Agatha Christie Friday and Saturday, Sept. 16, 17, 23 and 24 at 8 p.m., and Sunday, Sept. 18 and 25 at 2:30 p.m. at 724 Market Street in Parkersburg. Tickets are $16 for adults and $14 for senior citizens and students. (Opening night, receive 50 percent off two or more adult tickets.)
- Cabaret - The Paramount Players present the hit musical on Sept. 23 and 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Paramount Arts Center at 1300 Winchester Avenue in Ashand. Tickets are $40 for VIP seats, $25 for all others (additional fees may apply).
- Picnic - Marshall University School of Theatre presents the play by William Inge on Sept. 28, 29, 30, Oct. 1, 6, 7 and 8 at 7:30 p.m. at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center at 1655 5th Avenue. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for faculty and senior citizens, $7 for children ages 5-12, and free to full-time Marshall students with valid ID.
- Steel Magnolias - ACTC Theatre presents the beloved play on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 at 7 p.m., and Oct. 2 at 2:30 p.m. General admission is $10 at the door. Tickets for seniors, students and children are $5.
- Norman Rockwell's An American Paradise - CYAC presents this original musical, which features 27 vignettes, each based on a different Rockwell painting that tells a story behind each painting. Shows will be on Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 1, 6, 7 and 8 at 8 p.m., and Oct. 2 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $8 for students and senior citizens and $15 for adults.
So get out there and support your community theatre!