March is here, and there are several great shows to look forward to - here’s the rundown:
- Honk! Jr. - First Stage Theatre Company presents the beloved musical based on the story of the Ugly Duckling. Shows will be presented one weekend only, on March 10 and 11 at 7:30 p.m. and March 12 at 2 p.m. (with a special school performances March 9 at 9 a.m.), at Huntington High School at 1 Highlander Way in Huntington. Tickets are available at the door or by calling 304-416-5437. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children 12 and under.
- Steel Magnolias - Arts Resources for the Tri State (ARTS) presents the play by Robert Harling at the Renaissance Theatre Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington on March 24 and 25 at 8 p.m. and March 30, 31 and April 1 at 8 p.m.
General Admission tickets are $15 for the show only, and $30 for dinner and show - reservations are required for dinner. Call 304-733-2787.
- Hedda Gabler - Alban Arts and Conference Center present the play by Henrik Ibsen. The show will be presented at the Alban Arts and Conference Center at 65 Olde Main Street in St. Albans on March 24, 25, 31 and April 1 at 8 p.m., and March 26 and April 2 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens.
- Cinderella’s Glass Slipper - Children’s Theatre of Charleston presents the musical based on the classic fairy tale. The show will be presented at the Civic Center Little Theater on March 24 and 25 at 7:00 p.m. and March 25 and 26 at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students $10.
- Cinderella - The Clay Center presents the Broadway touring show by Rodgers and Hammerstein. It will be presented at the Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences at 1 Clay Square in Charleston on March 12 at 7 p.m. Tickets range from $78 to $57.
- Peter and the Starcatcher - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the story of a young orphan and his mates who are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. When the ship is taken over by pirates led by the fearsome Black Stache, the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure. The show will be presented at the Jenny Wiley Theatre at 218 Second Street in Pikeville, KY on March 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30 p.m.
So get out and see a show!