There are a half-dozen great shows coming up in May - here’s the rundown:
- Showcase 2017 - First Stage Theatre Company presents a concert and talent show featuring alumni and present-day performers. The performance will be one night only, on Saturday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m. at Huntington High School's auditorium at 1 Highlander Way. Tickets are available at the door - $12 for adults and $10 for children age 12 and under.
- An Evening with Gilbert & Sullivan - ARTS presents a concert of classic songs from the masters of musical theatre! Shows will be presented on May 5, 6, 11, 12, and 13 at 8 p.m. at the Renaissance Theatre Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Tickets are $15 each.
- Dutchman - Curtains Up Players present the play on May 12 and 13 at 7:30 p.m. and May 14 at 2:30 p.m. at the Huntington City Hall Auditorium. Centered squarely on racial conflict, the play is literally a shocking play - in ideas, in language, in honest anger. A full question and answer discussion will take place after each performance. Some content may not be suitable for all audiences.
- Sister Act: The Musical - The Charleston Light Opera Guild present the musical comedy based on the popular film on May 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 20 at 7:30 p.m., and May 14 at 2 p.m. at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theatre at One Civic Center Drive. Tickets are $25 Reserved seating.
- Company - Actors Guild of Parkersburg presents the musical by Stephen Sondheim on April 21, 22, 28, 29 and May 5 and 6 at 8 p.m. and April 30 at 2:30 p.m. at 724 Market Street in Parkersburg. Tickets are $18 for adults and $16 for students and senior citizens.
- Oliver! - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the classic musical on May 26, 27 and 30 at 7:30 p.m. at the Jenny Wiley Mainstage in Pikeville, Ky. Tickets are $14 and $9
So get out there and see some shows!