Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, March 22, 2019

Back in the Saddle Again

   My apologies, gentle readers, for the general lack of posts in recent weeks. I've been so busy working on a theatre project that I haven't had much time to write about local theatre (other than updating the weekly rundown of local shows).

    I was part of the directing team for First Stage Theatre's musical, Disney's Newsies, and I hope you managed to catch the show - it was really something special. (I admit prejudice.)

   The cast was amazingly talented and hard-working, and all the elements came together at just the right time - the incredible choreography, the terrific band, the set, the costumes, the tech crew - all worked together to make a top-notch show. 

   It doesn't hurt that the show is filled with incredible songs, unforgettable characters, lots of humor and heart. 

   It was a lot of fun to be part of the show - the first production in West Virginia, I believe (though several others are following close behind up north) - and I'm proud of what the cast, crew, volunteers and directors managed to accomplish.

   So, what's next locally, now that Newsies is done? Well...

- Alchemy Theatre will be presenting the very funny play Picasso at the Lapin Agile soon in Huntington - don't miss it!

- Be sure to see Godspell, being staged in April at Trinity Episcopal Church in Huntington, directed by Mark Smith!

- Don't miss HART's crowded summer offerings, with Mamma Mia, The Little Mermaid and a Frozen, Jr. Pre-show, too!

- First Stage will hold auditions for Frozen, Jr. in June - it'll be the first show in the company's 30th season. 

- Auditions are also coming up soon for the next Junior Theatre Festival troupe from First Stage!

- As for me, I'm finalizing plans for a musical that'll be staged later this summer - one of my all-time favorite shows! More news on that very, very soon!

   Stay tuned!

No comments: