Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

"Follies" Interview with Joanna Murdock


   You have two more chances to catch the musical Follies in Huntington, and we have two more interviews with the cast to share.

   Up next is the beautiful and talented Joanna Murdock, who plays the part of a ghost Showgirl:

Q: What is “Follies” about?

Joanna: A theater is closing and the ladies and gents who used to work there return for one last hurrah! Once there relationships are tested, old memories resurface, and ghosts from the past appear. 

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Joanna: I love a big musical! I heard there was a tap number and I wanted the chance to maybe dust off my tap shoes. 

Q: Tell us about the character you play.

Joanna: I play a ghost - the younger version of a showgirl who has come back to visit the theater one last time. 

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Joanna: I started with school and church plays. I auditioned for my first community show when I was 13, and after that show I just kept going. I have a BFA in acting / theatre and have worked locally and professionally. 

Q: Do you have a favorite number in the show?

Joanna: Too many! There are beautiful songs, big dance number songs, funny songs, and I love them all! 

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Joanna: Lovely talented people, big old stage (with footlights!) and sequins! Also it’s a show that’s not done very often - so see it to complete your Sondheim bingo card! 

   Thanks, Joanna!


   Follies - the musical will be presented by Alchemy Theatre on Friday, March 13, and Saturday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. at The Janice Chandler Auditorium (The Cabell County Board of Education Building) at 2850 5th Avenue in Huntington. Tickets are $15 each.

No comments: