Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Yours Truly, "Jack the Ripper"

We're just a week away from the opening of the original musical Jack the Ripper in Charleston, and we'll be talking about it much more over the next week as we leave behind an arid September and move into October, which is loaded with good shows!

My pal Ryan Hardiman is one of the stars of "Jack," and he sent this photo of himself in the title role (on the left, natch) and Kevin Pauley as Inspector Abberline. He also sent this update:
"We're getting ready to open Jack the Ripper on Thursday, Oct 2, and I'm busier than I've ever been in my life working on this show. In addition to learning this intimidating original score and accompanying staging, I'm working on six nightmarish paintings for the show that Jack will paint onstage and display on the walls of his studio. It's going to be sick."
This shows sounds great - I can't wait to see it!

No comments: