Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Enjoying Some "Down Time" in "Camelot"

The cast of Camelot has been enjoying a couple of days off - always welcome after the hectic tech week, which leads up to the dress rehearsal, which leads up to the actual performances. Last weekend the first three performances were presented, so we're at the halfway mark.

It's been a heck of a lot of fun and a real learning experience for me - after all, this is just the second show I've been involved with as an actor - and I've only stabbed myself with my dagger once so far, so I consider that a success (it was merely a scratch).

Joking aside, it's been a breeze, thanks to an outstanding team effort by the cast and crew, and terrific performances by the actors, including Marina Jurica (Queen Guenevere) and Mark Baker (King Arthur), pictured here.

If you haven't caught it yet, you have three more chances. Camelot is being presented by 5th Avenue Theatre Company at Huntington's City Hall auditorium at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, with the final performance being a matinee at 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Tickets are $12 and $10 for children 12 and under.

I'm obviously prejudiced, but it's a great show - hope to see you there!

4 comments:

W.C. said...

Well the last time I gave my review I upset a few people and that is never my intentions. I merely state my opinion in hopes one may learn from it and go on. I have a musical theatre degree so I know what I am saying. I was able to see Camelot last weekend. The set was beautiful and costumes fantastic. I appreciate the cuts that were made and the added musical numbers. It all flowed very well. Mr. Baker played a very strong part (Arthur) and was a delight. Mrs. Jurica was lovely as always and I loved the light side of the show highlighted. Very clever and spunky really. The knights were a lot of fun to watch. Chuck, you surprised me. I wish you would perform more often. I was also surprised by the man playing Lancelot. He did very good and the chemistry he and Jurica had was unbelieveable. May have to due with them being married, however, a job well done indeed. I like the dance and music very well. Overall, I recommend this show to anyone - it is a very well planned and put together show. I look forward to upcoming shows by 5TH Ave!

Chuck Minsker said...

W.C., thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

W.C. said...

well thank you...I am sorry you felt need to edit...I respect that of course

Chuck Minsker said...

W.C., my apologies, but just like letters that appear in the newspaper, it's my responsibility to edit comments for content, grammar, space, etc.

I appreciate your understanding - just trying to keep everything consistent with the AP Stylebook (it's my old journalism training kicking in).