Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, April 26, 2010

On Stage This Weekend - "Footloose"

From my pal Lisa Williams:
The Huntington High School Theater Department is inviting the community to its upcoming performances of Footloose.

Performance dates are April 29, 30 and May 1 at 7:30 p.m. There will be a Sunday matinee performance May 2 at 3 p.m.

Ticket prices are:

Adults- $7.00
Students - $5.00
Age 3 & Younger - Free

The high-energy musical is being directed by Helen Freeman and is based on the 1984 film of the same name. It is the story of a big city kid who moves to a small town and shakes up the status quo with his love of music and dance.

For more information contact Helen Freeman by calling 304-528–6435.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chuck. I'm honored to be considered your pal!

Footloose was a great show. I realize I'm terribly biased since many of the actors and actresses are my former students, but the show was so much fun.

And while the leads were outstanding, Christian Griswold as Willard was a scene stealer, and Michael Smith's mullet was hysterical!

But don't take my word for it that this was a great play, here's what one of my 8th graders texted me after seeing it last night: "OMG, Mrs. Williams! Footloose was the best play I went to in my life; it was so good I could watch it everyday. I love that play!!!" (And then she went back to see it again this evening!)

Good job HHS!

Lisa W