Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Word About "Once Upon a Mattress"

Various obligations have kept me hopping lately (I just got back from several days in Boston, for example), so I'm trying to make up for it by calling your attention to the great shows being staged this weekend.

One of them is Once Upon a Mattress (which takes the stage tonight), and my pal Jack Welch (who's been working on the construction of the set for weeks now) sent along these comments:
Just wanted to give you an update on Once Upon a Mattress.

I can sum it up in one word: WOW!

I think we have a show here. I never stop being amazed at the talented young actors we have here in the tri-state area. The show musically is as good as Les Miserables and a lot more fun. (Happy ever after in this one.)

I have been at the rehearsals and it gets funnier ever time I see it.

The rehearsals have been going great! What we need now is an audience (hint, hint, readers).

This is a show you don't want to miss.
Thanks, Jack!

He's absolutely right - I know this cast has been working incredibly hard and has put together an amazing show - I urge everyone to take the time to see this all-star cast!

(And I forgive Jack for his comment about my beloved "Les Miz" - a great, uplifting show, but not exactly famous for having a happy ending.)

No comments: