Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, December 12, 2011

"Seussical" Auditions - A Note

This past Saturday I helped sign up a mob of young actors who were auditioning for the upcoming First Stage Theatre performance of Seussical the Musical, and I witnessed something that reminded me why I support children's theatre.

At one point, a couple of very young girls were at the audition - but they were nervous, they were getting upset, worried about auditioning. One girl was on the verge of tears. (I could sympathize - as a kid I would have been absolutely terrified of auditioning, too, and I've seen many kids similarly struggle over the years.)

Immediately a half-dozen girls, all veterans of local shows, gathered around the new girls, talked them through it and encouraged them. It was a kind, gracious thing to do - I was so proud of them!

In no time, the new girls were smiling, laughing and having fun.

And that, my friends, is what theatre - especially children's theatre - is all about!

No comments: