Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Interview #4 With the Cast of "Superman!"


   For our fourth interview with the cast of It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s Superman, let’s hear from the most famous female reporter ever - Lois Lane!
   Superman’s love interest is played by the talented and lovely Meg Barber - here’s what she had to say about having a crush on the Man of Steel:
Q: Everyone knows Superman - but what's the basic story of the musical?

Meg: The musical basically tells the story of Superman and his influence throughout this city. It involved a love story, an evil villain, a competitive news paper boy... pretty much everything that was in the first series of the comics.

Q: Tell us about the character you play.

Meg: I'm Lois Lane. Ms. Lane grew up on a farm and is extremely goal driven. She very much wants to be the best reporter in Metropolis; however, she falls in love and that shakes things up quite a bit. I can personally relate to Lois very well and I love being able to transform into her.

Q: What's your favorite song in the show?

Meg: I enjoy the songs "We Need Him" and "I'm Not Finished Yet.”

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Meg: I have been in plays since the fourth grade, my first being Babes in Toyland. Ever since I've been hooked! I've played Gertrude McFuzz in Seussical, Lucy in Snoopy the Musical, and several others. I attended the Governors School of the Arts for Vocal music this past summer, take voice lessons, and tap and ballet.

Q: If you get to fly in the show - what's it like (is it as much fun as it looks)?

Meg: It's very painful but a blast! I wish I could fly more!

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Meg: It's a great family show. Not only does it involve a beloved superhero, but also includes a great story that everyone will love. 

Q: Tell us the dates, times and place for the show.

Meg: The two middle weekends in October, Huntington High School!

   Thanks, Meg! The show starts tomorrow (Friday) at 7 p.m. - don’t miss it!

No comments: