Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Interview With the Cast of "Godspell" #2

   Godspell takes the stage in Huntington starting Friday at 7:30 p.m., so let’s continue our interviews with the cast. 

   This time, let’s hear from a newcomer to the stage - the lovely and talented Kishauna Harper:

Q: What is the musical Godspell about?

Kishauna: The musical Godspell is a collage of parables from the book of Matthew with songs that complement each section. 

Q: Why did you want to be part of the show?

Kishauna: This is my first show and I wanted to be a part of it so bad because the show was only two acts so it was not so overwhelming.

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Kishauna: As I mentioned before this is my first show, but I plan continuing with First Stage. 

Q: What's your favorite part of the show?

Kishauna: My favorite part of the show is the crucifixion scene , it reminds me of what Jesus did for us and that he did it with no hesitation because he loves us. 

Q: This show depends on a strong cast working together - so tell us about your fellow actors. Are you having fun?

Kishauna: For this being my first show I was elated everyone welcomed me so easily. Everyone is so funny; I couldn't imagine spending 80 hours with any other people (directors included).

Q: Why would you recommend this show to our readers?

Kishauna: I would recommend this show to the readers because everyone is entitled to laugh 
at least once throughout their day, and this show will guarantee everyone a few laughs. 

   Thanks, Kishauna!


   Godspell takes the stage at the Renaissance Theatre Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 14, 15, 21 and 22 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 16 and 23 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children. Don't miss it!

No comments: