Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

A Day for "Gift-Bear" and "Dear Edwina"


 What a fun day for children's theatre! 

   This afternoon I saw the next-to-the-last performance of A Gift-Bear for the King at the Alban Theatre.

   It was a delightful show staged by ACT for an enthusiastic crowd of little kids (plus a few geezers like me). 

   It was lots of fun, light-hearted and cleverly staged for maximum laughs! That's the great thing about a young audience - you can tell when the show is working. They laugh, cheer and applaud gleefully - and there was a lot of that at this performance! 

   Great work, ACT!

   Then this evening my lovely wife and I saw Dear Edwina, Jr. - and we loved it! 

   It tells the story of a girl who's trying to take her place alongside "Dear Abby" by proving she's the best at giving advice. She solves all the problems her friends are facing - but can she deal with her own problems? 

   It's fast and very funny, loaded with wonderful performances and terrific songs. I knew nothing about the show, but I'll be seeing it again before the run is over - it's so much fun (and I must admit that the next-to-the-last song actually had me choking up)! 

   Highly recommended! 

No comments: