There are quite a few great shows taking the stage in September - here's the rundown:
- Schoolhouse Rock Live! - Curtains Up Players (CUP) presents the musical based on the classic educational cartoons on Sept. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 7 p.m., and Sept. 13 and 20 at 2:30 p.m. at the Jean Carlo Stephenson Auditorium in Huntington’s City Hall at 800 5th Avenue. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under.
- Ah Wilderness - Marshall’s Department of Theatre will present the play by Eugene O’Neill on Sept. 30, Oct. 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m. at The Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center in Huntington. General admission is $20. Seniors and faculty tickets are $15. Children 5 - 12 are $7. Admission is free to full-time Marshall students with a valid ID.
- Rent - Paramount Players present the hit Broadway musical at the Paramount Arts Center in Ashland, Ky. Shows will be presented on Sept. 17 and 18 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $26 each.
- The Best of Scarpelli and Kehde - CYAC will present musical highlights from 20 years of original musical theater by composer Mark Scarpelli and Lyricist/Librettist Dan Kehde. Performances will be presented Sept. 24, 25, 26 and Oct 1, 2 and 3 at 8 p.m., and Sept. 27 at 2 p.m. at the theatre at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $8 for students or seniors, and $15 for adults.
- Arsenic and Old Lace - The Actors Guild of Parkersburg will present the play Sept. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 8 p.m. and Sept. 13 and 20 at 2:30 p.m. at 724 Market Street in Parkersburg. Tickets are $15 for adults and $13 for students and seniors.
- Interactive Murder Dinner Parties will be presented by Murder and Merriment, including: A Murderous Reunion! - Sept. 18 and 19 at 7 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in South Charleston
Tickets $40 per guest, reservations required, call 304-744-0051; Avenue M! (Rated PG-13) - Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. at The Greenhouse of Teays Valley in Hurricane. Tickets are $45, reservations required, call 304-397-6316.
So get out and support your community theatre!