- Ah, Wilderness - Marshall Theater Alliance presents the play by Eugene O’Neill Sept. 30, 31,and Oct. 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center at Marshall University in Huntington. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for senior citizens and faculty, $7 for children 5-12, and free to full-time Marshall students with a valid ID.
- Hansel & Gretel - Children's Theatre of Charleston present the musical on Oct. 2 at 7 p.m., Oct. 3 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Oct. 4 at 2 p.m. at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Paramount Players present the play by William Shakespeare on Oct. 2 and 3 at 7:30 p.m. at the Paramount Arts Center at 1300 Winchester Avenue in Ashland. Tickets are $16 for adults and $12 for students (in advance), or $18 for adults and $14 for students (on the day of the show).
- [title of show] - West Virginia State University Theatre Dept. presents the musical (which features mild adult language) on Oct. 1, 2 and 3 at 7:30 p.m. at the WVSU Skeen Theatre in the Cole Bldg at Institute, W.Va. Tickets are $5 each. WVSU students are admitted free of charge.
- The Best of Scarpelli and Kehde - Contemporary Youth Arts Company (CYAC) presents this musical revue on Oct. 1, 2 and 3 at 8 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theatre at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and senior citizens.
- Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike – Portsmouth Little Theatre presents the comedy (Rated R) on Oct. 2 and 3 at 7:30 p.m. at 1117 Lawson Street in Portsmouth, Ohio. Tickets are $12 for Adults and $10 for senior citizens and students.
- The Addams Family - Southern Coalition for the Arts presents the musical based on the beloved TV show at a special midnight matinee on Oct. 2. The event includes live bands, a “Zombie” 5K run at 9 p.m., curtain at Midnight. Shows will also be presented Oct. 3, 9 and 10 at 7 p.m. and Oct. 11 at 2 p.m. All shows will be at the Coalfield Jamboree Theater at 308 Main Street in Logan, W.Va. Tickets are $12 each.
Whew! It’s a great lineup – so get out there and support your local theatre!