Lots of great shows on stage this weekend, including your last chances to catch a couple of beloved musicals. Here's the list:
- Brigadoon - Arts Resources for the Tri-State (ARTS) presents the classic musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe on Oct. 16 and 17 at 8 p.m. at the ARTS Renaissance Main Stage at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Tickets are $15 for the show only and $30 for dinner and the show (reservations required – call 304-733-2787.
- The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon - Huntington High School presents the play on Oct. 16, 17 and 18.
- Mary Poppins - Charleston Light Opera Guild and The Clay Center present the musical based on the Walt Disney film and the book by Pamela Travers on Oct. 16 and 17 at 7:30 p.m. and Oct. 18 at 2 p.m. at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences at One Clay Square. All seats are $25 for reserved seating.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream – The Alban Arts Center will present the classic play by William Shakespeare on Oct. 16 and 17 at 8 p.m. at 65 Olde Main Street in St. Albans, W.Va. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children and senior citizens.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - The LimeLight Theatre Company present the classic play on Oct. 16, 17, 23 and 24 at 7 p.m. and Oct. 18 and 25 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students - or 4 tickets for $40!
- The Haunting Party - Murder and Merriment present an Interactive Murder Dinner Parties on Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. at The Greenhouse of Teays Valley in Hurricane, W.Va. Tickets are $45, reservations required. Call 304-397-6316.
So get out there and support your local theatre - they need you!