Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, November 02, 2015

Interview #1 with the Cast of "Lion King, Jr."

   Taking the stage this weekend is the first-ever production in the Tri-State of Disney's The Lion King, Jr.

   It's being presented by First Stage Theatre at the Renaissance Theatre in Huntington.

   The cast runs a wide range in ages - from Elementary School students to High School seniors!

   We have some interviews with the cast of the show we'll be sharing in the days ahead, starting with two ensemble performers. Let's hear from Emma Maynard and Gracie Napier:

Q: What character(s) do you play?

Emma: I play the part of a leopard and a wildebeest as part of the ensemble.

Gracie: I play a hyena and a gazelle.

Q: What is The Lion King story about?

Gracie: It's about growing up in Africa, having self-respect and respect for your parents.

Emma: The Lion King tells the story of how Scar tried to take over the Pridelands, but Simba comes back to take his place in the circle of life.

Q: What's your favorite song in the show?

Emma: My favorite song is “Be Prepared!” Scar does a great job singing it on stage and it gets really exciting.

Gracie: “Hakuna Matata” - and I love watching Timon and Pumba - they crack me up!

Q: If a kid out there is thinking about trying out for a show, what would you say to them?

Gracie: Go for it because I made it on my first try. It’s only impossible if you think it is.

Emma: My advice for a kid thinking about auditioning for a show would be, just give it your all and leave it all on the stage!

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Emma: I wanted to be a part of this show, because I've always loved The Lion King and I was excited to try out for my first show with First Stage Theatre.

Gracie: I wanted to have fun and make new friends!

Q: Do you think people out there will enjoy this show?

Emma: I know everyone in the audience will enjoy The Lion King, Jr., because our whole cast and crew has worked very hard and we really get into character up on stage! We'll have everyone in the audience wanting to sing along with us as soon as the music starts!

Gracie: Yes! I think it offers a chance for kids and parents to laugh and have a good time.

   Thanks, Emma and Gracie!


   Disney's Lion King, Jr. will be presented by the First Stage Theatre Company. The musical is based on the Disney animated film and the Broadway show. It will be presented at the Renaissance Theatre at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Shows will be offered on Fridays and Saturdays, Nov. 6, 7, 13 and 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays, Nov. 8 and 15 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for children (12 and under) and senior citizens.

No comments: