Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, November 09, 2015

Interview #4 With the Cast of "Lion King, Jr."

   After a successful opening weekend, the cast of the First Stage Theatre production of Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. is taking a few days to rest - and then they’ll be back with another weekend full of shows!

   Let’s continue our interviews with members of the cast! Today let’s hear from Hannah Spurlock, who plays the part of the lioness Nala, and Luke Lovejoy, who plays the comedic hyena Ed.

Q: What is "The Lion King" story about?

Hannah: The Lion King story is about a lion cub, Simba, who faces challenges like losing his father and leaving the pridelands, and throughout the story he grows and overcomes this battles and meets remarkable friends. 

Luke: The story of The Lion King is about a son (Simba) who thinks he killed his Dad so he runs away and becomes careless. Then Nala (his young friend) comes and tells Simba what has happened at home. His evil uncle (Scar) has taken over and is destroying their home. Simba comes back and challenges his uncle and takes back the Pridelands. 

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Luke: I wanted to be part of this production because I love theatre. It’s a great experience and I love the cast and directors.

Hannah: I wanted to be a part of this show because I grew up watching it, and loved it immensely. Then last year at the Junior Theatre Festival in Atlanta I saw different parts of it, and promised myself I would one day be in it. 

Q: What's your favorite song in the show?

Hannah: My favorite song in the show is Rafiki’s  version of “He Lives in You,” it's so powerful.

Luke: I love a lot of the parts of this show, but my favorite part is “He Lines in You,” because I personally think it shows love between father and son.  

Q: If a kid out there is thinking about trying out for a show, what would you say to them?

Luke: If you want to try out for a show, DO SO! It is fun and you get to meet a lot of great people and it is a great experience.

Hannah: If a kid is thinking about auditioning for a show, I would tell them to go for it.

Q: Do you think people out there will enjoy this show?

Hannah: I think people will like the show, for the pure fact that Disney (for the most part) is magical.

Luke: I think people will love this show because it has a lot of different elements, like humor, sadness and happiness. 

   Thanks, Hannah and Luke!


  First Stage Theatre Company presents the musical based on the Disney animated film and the Broadway show at the Renaissance Theatre at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Shows will be offered on Nov. 13 and 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 15 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for children (12 and under) and senior citizens.

No comments: