Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Interview #7 With the Cast of "Lion King, Jr."


 The First Stage Theatre production of Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. has held six performances so far, including three sold-out school shows, and three public performances!

   This weekend wraps up the premiere in the Tri-State area for this musical, as the cast prepares for the final three public performances.

   We have two more interviews to share with members of the cast - today, let’s hear from Amelia Westbrook, who plays a leopard and a wildebeest, and Kasey Thompson, who plays a bird!

Q: What is The Lion King story about?

Amelia: The Lion King is about a lion whose father is pushed off a cliff, and then the lion grows up and challenges his uncle.

Kasey: The Lion King story is about Simba growing up and turning into a king.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Kasey: Being in theater sounded really fun and I liked the idea of being in plays.

Amelia: I wanted to be a part of this show because I think The Lion King is a really cool movie, I like lots of the characters in it, and I wanted to meet new friends.

Q: What's your favorite song?

Amelia: My favorite song is “Hakuna Matata” because Pumbaa and Timon are two of my favorite characters.

Kasey: My favorite song from the show is “I Just Can't Wait to be King” because it's really fun, it's really exciting, and there's a lot of dancing!

Q: If a kid out there is thinking about trying out for a future show, what would you say to them?

Kasey: I would tell them good luck and to just have fun!

Q: Do you think people out there will enjoy this show?

Amelia: I think people will enjoy this show because I think lots of people have seen the movie The Lion King and probably liked it.  Most people in my family like it. The singing and dancing in the play is good and I think people will like that too."

Kasey: Yes! Because it's really really exciting, there is a lot of singing and dancing, and our costumes are beautiful and rainbow-y.

   Thanks, Amelia and Kasey!


  First Stage Theatre Company presents Disney’s The Lion King, Jr., a musical based on the Disney animated film and the Broadway show at the Renaissance Theatre at 900 8th Street in Huntington. Shows will be offered on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 13 and 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 15 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for children (12 and under) and senior citizens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing. My son auditioned for this show and did't make it but it was his first time ever auditioning for anything. I took him to see it and both he and I loved it. He was so excited about it that he is planning on auditioning for the next show. Timon and Pumba were my favorite, they did an amazing job and my son thought that Raffiki sang beutifully. The whole cast was just wonderful. Great job guys!!

Chuck Minsker said...

That's the secret to success in auditions - keep trying, because every time you son auditions, he'll find it easier each time. Thanks for the kind words!