Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Catching Up

Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend - things have been crazy, what with pancake breakfast fundraisers, a High School Musical cast appearance at Macy's as part of a charity event, taking part in work parties building the set for a certain show I could name, and attending my mother-in-law's birthday bash - needless to say, I'm draggin'!

However, I have a few reminders for you theatre fans out there:

- You can still catch the third of five performances of Hello Dolly! at the Renaissance Theatre in Huntington today at 2:30 p.m. I won't be able to see it until next weekend (see above), but those who saw it have been raving about it! Can't go wrong with a classic show, an incredibly talented cast and a Broadway star! If you can't see it today, you can still catch it next Friday and Saturday at 8:00 p.m.

- Also, my pal Len LaCara sent in this comment about yesterday's presentation of Legally Blonde (the Broadway show):
I assume you'll have something to say about it, but we thought Legally Blonde was fabulous. (Except for those behind-the-scenes girls, who were -- Ohmigod! -- like, totally annoying.) I'm guessing the show will sell a bunch of tickets thanks to this broadcast.

There's a rebroadcast at 7:00 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 14) on MTV. There's a trailer you can embed, too.
Great idea, Len - here's the trailer (and if it doesn't work for some reason, you can go here to see it, too):

2 comments:

Sanctuary said...

Hey, Chuck-

Just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't caught "Pushing Daisies" yet...it's a great new show on ABC (WCHS) Wednesday nights at 8pm...The regular cast includes Broadway veterans Kristen Chenoweth (Wicked) and Ellen Greene (Little Shop of Horrors)...and tonight's episode had Raul Esparza! (Company, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Rocky Horror Show, etc.) I'll bet we'll spot more Broadway stars as the show unfolds!

-Ryan

Chuck Minsker said...

Ryan, I have been watching and enjoying the show, although I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (my beloved Tivo has me covered). I was wondering why they had Kristen Chenoweth in it - she didn't have much to do in the first episode - but then she sang a familiar song from "Grease" in last week's show, and I thought, "Oh, that's why she's there." What can I say, I'm crazy about her (but don't tell my wife)!