Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Pushing Daisies"

I try to stay away from talking too much about TV (since that topic belongs to my pal Angela Henderson and her Stay Tuned blog (which, needless to say, you should be visiting every day - I do!).

However, there's a Broadway connection to one new show this season. The beautiful and talented Kristin Chenoweth (that's her in the photo, courtesy ABC) plays a key role in the show Pushing Daisies, a quirky show I enjoy - although Angela's not as crazy about it (you can read her comments about the show right here).

The Broadway link was pointed out to me by my pal Ryan Hardiman, who recently wrote:
Just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't caught Pushing Daisies yet... it's a great new show on ABC (WCHS) Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m... The regular cast includes Broadway veterans Kristen Chenoweth (Wicked) and Ellen Greene (Little Shop of Horrors)... and (last week's) episode had Raul Esparza! (Company, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Rocky Horror Show, etc.) I'll bet we'll spot more Broadway stars as the show unfolds!
It's an unusual show, told in a Tim Burton style, but's it's quirky and funny with a strong streak of black comedy, and I enjoy it. It was also nice to see Kristin performing a song during the second episode, and I don't know of any funnier physical actors on TV today - she's a riot! Recommended!

No comments: