Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, November 19, 2007

High School Musical - the Final Show


Today the curtain went up on the last performance of the First Stage production of High School Musical. The cast took the stage in front of a huge crowd at the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center, wrapping up a six-show run.

I certainly don't want to brag (well, maybe a little), but it was a great run! The shows all went extremely well, thanks to the dedication and talent of the cast and crew. The shows were enthusiastically received, with great crowds for every single performance. It was exhilarating to see so many people pour into that beautiful old theater.

Best of all, as near as I can tell, the cast had a great time, made new friends and had a positive experience - which is what First Stage is all about. The great thing about the theatre is the boost it gives to the self-confidence of the young performers - as I said recently, if you can sing and dance in front of 1000 people, you can accomplish anything!

And after each show the cast was mobbed by kids clamoring for their autographs! All in all, an amazing experience. I'll have more stories about it tomorrow and, who knows, perhaps I'll even start talking about other shows coming up.

2 comments:

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

Chuck,

I'm running WAY behind so I haven't posted anything on my blog yet, but I will...

However, I just wanted to congratulate you and the entire company for an amazing production. The Keith was certainly rocking this weekend...

Chuck Minsker said...

Angela, thanks - it was great to see you at the show (a reunion of the H-D bloggers)! And always great to see my pal John Gillispie (who writes movie reviews for Thursday's Entertainment Section) at the show - I'm still amazed he had never seen HSM before. What's up with that? ;-)