Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Free Show Tonight in Charleston!

My pal Ryan Hardiman sends along this news about a free show for New Year's Eve (which is, like, tonight). He writes:
I've been insane busy and I didn't have time to get this to you until now, but if you readers are looking for something family-oriented to do on New Years Eve, and don't want to be out too late, here's the FREE ticket! I'm performing two 45-minute mini-concerts as part of Charleston's GoodNight 2008 New Year's Eve arts celebration tonight.

There are performers all over the city at different venues doing shows running at 6, 7, 8, and 9 p.m. I've put together a collection of songs (most of which I've never performed before), focusing on appreciating the ones you love and living each moment to the fullest. I want it to be a positive, inspiring experience to ring in 2009!

Here's the info:

Cost: FREE
Times: 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Venue: Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1600 Kanawha Boulevard East
Easy directions: If you take the Virginia Street exit from I-64, turn right onto Virginia St, Take the next right to Kanawha Blvd and turn left on Kanawha Blvd. Follow Kanawha to Elizabeth St. Trinity Lutheran is at the corner of Kanawha Blvd and Elizabeth St. (2 blocks fom the State Capitol)

Here's the setlist:

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Someone To Watch Over Me
Always On My Mind
Wind Beneath My Wings / You Raise Me Up / The Rose (Medley)
Out There (from Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Corner Of The Sky (from Pippin)
A Bit of Earth (from The Secret Garden)
In Whatever Time We Have (from Children of Eden)
I'll Be Seeing You

For more information on GoodNight 2008, including the full schedule, call 346-2494 or 346-7832.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

No comments: