Who says there's not much to see in December? (Well, I did, but I was way off base.)
Here are the shows you should be watching for in the month ahead:
- The 1940s Radio Hour - (ARTS) at the Renaissance Center in Huntington on Dec. 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 14 at 3 p.m.
- Mary - (CYAC) at the WVSU Capitol Plaza Theatre at 123 Summers Street in Charleston, Dec. 4, 5, 6 at 8:00 p.m.
- Babes in Toyland - (Children’s Theatre of Charleston) at the Civic Center Little Theater on Dec. 4, 5, 6 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 6 at 2 p.m.
- Joytacular - (The No Pants Players) at the Labelle Theater, 311 D Street in South Charleston on Dec. 5, 6 at 8 p.m.
- Miracle on 34th Street - at the Portsmouth Little Theatre on Dec. 5, 6, 12, 13.
- The Wizard of Oz - (Marshall Artists Series) at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center in Huntington on Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Santaland Diaries - (Charleston Stage Company) at the WVSU Capitol Plaza Theatre on Dec. 11, 12, 13 at 8 p.m.
- A Christmas Carol - (Kanawha Players) at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theater on Dec. 12, 13, 19, 20 at 8 p.m.
UPDATE: Here's one I missed:
- The Polar Express - Will be presented at The Jeslyn Performing Arts Center (the old Camelot Theater) in Huntington at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, and Saturday, Dec. 6, with matinees at 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 6 and 7. For more information, visit www.jeslyn.org or call 304-697-0602.