Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ready to Pick the Oscars?

At the suggestion of my pal Mark (and even though it's not really the focus of our humble blog here), we thought we'd have a "Pick the Oscar Winners" competition.

We did this last year with the Tony Awards and had a lot of fun - the winner (and still champion) was my pal Denise LaCara.

So the question is, do we just choose for the major categories, like Best Picture, Best Actor and Actress, Supporting Actor and Actress - or should we include all the categories included in the broadcast?

Let me know what you think, and I'll put up the voting list. The Oscars are on Feb. 22, so we'll have to decide soon.

The only prize, as always, will be bragging rights - what more could you want?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My preference would be to do the major categories with, perhaps, a minor one or two as tiebreakers.

Its tough enough to see all of the nominated movies, but to expect us to know who to vote for in a category like "best cinematography" is a bit much. Don't you think? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I always make my move in things like best sound editing, but I'd vote to eliminate them for the greater good. :-)

Chuck Minsker said...

Mark and Neal, thanks for the suggestions. Frankly, it's all a shot in the dark for me - but what the heck! I'll get a roster ginned up in the next day or two and we'll get this contest going!