Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More Comments About "Alexander"

My pal Zach Davis sent in this comment about Alexander, Who's Not Not Not Not Not Not Going to Move:
I thought everyone did a great job.

If it wasn't obvious enough - the children had me busting out loud laughing. I, along with the cast of Charlotte's Web, rather enjoyed the stuffed pig and fake spider.

The set, as Mr. Vance stated, was bare yet effective. May I also point out that I feel my house made a remarkable addition to Alexander's neighborhood!

I love the young talent our shows have introduced to the world of Huntington Theatre! I had a fantastic time and look forward to further productions with these rising new stars.
Zach, thanks for the kind words!

The "house" he refers to is the door that served as the Arable house in Charlotte's Web. When "Charlotte" wrapped, C.E. Wilson, Eric Newfeld and I threw the door in the back of a truck and moved it to the Jeslyn Theater, where it became the neighbor door in "Alexander." Hey, we try to get lots of mileage out of our sets.

Zach, I also agree that it's great to see so much young talent getting a chance to take the stage. At First Stage we've done quite a few shows lately that featured "older" casts (which is to say, high school and middle school students) - we were overdue for shows that give younger actors a shot at the spotlight!

Between Peter Pan, Charlotte's Web and Alexander, I think we've accomplished that goal!

No comments: