Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Rent" Starts Friday

My lovely wife Jeanette and I got to sneak into last night's dress rehearsal for Rent, and we had a blast! (Thanks to Ryan and Sallie for making it possible!)

The show starts this Friday at the Charleston Little Theater, and I recommend buying those tickets early - they might be hard to get at showtime! The show runs July 31, Aug. 1, 6, 7 and 8 at 8 p.m., and Aug. 2 at 3 p.m. It's presented by the Charleston Light Opera Guild.

I'll have a full review here soon, but here's the quick version: it features a fantastic cast, great music and dancing, terrific singing - it's a wonderful show, and you'll be mad at yourself if you miss it! I give it my highest recommendation!

(I should also add that it deals with adult themes and situations, and there's some adult language, so it might be a bit much for the kids.)

In the meantime, you can see some photos from the show right here at the Herald-Dispatch Photo Gallery - and here's a shot of the cast:

No comments: