Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Theatre Notes and News

A few notes to share:

- My lovely wife and I had an excellent dinner this evening at one of our favorite restaurants, Chili Willi's, and as we walked in the door we ran into our pal Ryan Hardiman, who was hanging up a poster for his upcoming show, Rent, which takes the stage in Charleston at the end of the month. He told us the rehearsals were going great! I'm really looking forward to this one - don't miss it!

- I'm hearing good things about Huntington Outdoor Theatre's summer show, All Shook Up, which continues this weekend at the Ritter Park Amphitheater. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to see it yet - it's been a crazy month for me - but I hope to catch it before it wraps up a week from tomorrow!

- If you're a fan of giant invisible rabbits - and who isn't? - then you should know that auditions for Red Lion’s Harvey will be held Monday, July 20 and Tuesday, July 21 at 6:30 p.m. at Fairview High School. Auditions are open to all ages. Harvey tells the story of Elwood Dowd, whose best friend is an invisible six-foot-tall rabbit named Harvey. My pal Sam Butler will direct this lovable show, which takes the stage August 27-29, with performances at 8:30 p.m. It is tentatively set to be at Greenbo Lake State Resort Park Amphitheatre. For more information, check out the website at redliontc.org.

No comments: