Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Emily In The Spotlight

Hey, it's always great to hear about local performers who go on to success on the big stage out there, and here's another such story.

Emily Asbury starred in dozens of shows locally, and then studied theatre at Otterbein, a very prestigious college. She graduated in June and made her way to New York, where she auditioned for a show that's set to tour the country.

The great news is, she got the part - she'll be appearing in the very funny show, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing!

One audition in the Big Apple and she's already part of a professional company - I'm so proud of her!

Of course, I admit to being prejudiced - her parents, Jill and Gerald have been friends of mine since forever, and I've known Emily since she was a baby, and I've seen every community theatre show she ever starred in. So forgive me if I take special pride in bragging about her achievements!

Way to go, Emily!

No comments: